Friday, March 23, 2007

Busy, Busy

I really meant to do a stunning photoblog of my very exciting life as a lab archaeologist, but forgot to bring my camera to work. Picture the scene when you drop a beer bottle on a tile floor, and then scoop up all those shards of glass plus a thousand more, pretend they're made of flint instead of glass, and dump them in a pile on a desk. Add some calipers, a digital scale, a keyboard, and several cups of coffee to get the full effect of my daily professional existence.

All those tiny rocks tax my sanity enough to require occasional distracting breaks. I should have learned by now to just look at pictures of puppies, but instead, my status as an expatriate gay Hoosier has led me to Bil Browning's blog and the posts about Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy's efforts on behalf of the anti-marriage equality lobby in Indiana.

The volume of comments left on those posts were enough to crash Bil's server yesterday, and the mean-spiritedness and downright asshattery in their content was enough to crash my good mood. Cruise through the comments to see my very astute musings, if you want; not much point in cross-posting them here except for ego stroking, and the asshats have beaten that ego down to just about nothing.

Gaelic Storm at the Rialto tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I'd like to ask you to point your readers to my most recent post (a few minutes old!), Tony Dungy and the whole shebang. I'm pointing folks to the American Values Alliance's site - let's send them some money as versus the cash raised for the Indiana Family Institute. The AVA will put the money to good use. I know, I'm the Executive Director. :)

http://www.valuesalliance.org
http://www.bilerico.com/2007/03/002599.php