Monday, March 16, 2009

Notes from All Over

I have lost the ability to properly capitalize in title case. Should "all" be capitalized up there? It's a mystery to me.

Too much Guadalajara Grill may actually be a bad thing. I woke up at roughly 2 this morning with a knot in my gut and spent the rest of the night and early morning kept from my rest by a combination of pain induced by far too much hot fresh chips/fresh wonderful salsa customized tableside by Betty/three kinds of enchiladas (chili verde FTW!)/giant mug of Dos XX/the rest of the flan my girlfriend's ex-sister-in-law and niece couldn't finish and the fear that my brain will forever associate this gastric misery with Guadalajara and perhaps all Mexican food, preventing me from ever going back, and the dog being so unsettled by extra people staying in the house and doors that are usually left open being shut and doors that are usually shut being left open that she needed to walk around click-clacking on the Pergo all fucking night long. Pinche Guadalajara and their heaps of delicious food I am apparently no longer accustomed to sucking down in such quantities!

Gym? What gym? My left shoulder no longer wishes to participate in activities involving hefting heavy things over my head, which is going to impact my workout life considerably. Cardio room? What cardio room?

AIG funneled millions and millions of bailout dollars to foreign banks and their own executive bonuses? I have moved beyond each of these revelations being a fresh shock; now they've become a series of ever-dulling thwacks on the same bruise. When the bailees start using the cash to refinance underwater mortgages and cut executive compensation, then I'll be surprised.

Obama's cuddling up to a moderately diverse group of spiritual advisers whose two things in common are (1) Jesus and (2) not liking Teh Gay? Same AIG-style bruise, different leg. At least we got the Ledbetter Act signed and stem cell research back. Sigh.

And finally, I sent off an e-mail to Steve Farley (D-Tucson) over the weekend to ask for his take on the abortion bill hearing. Have not heard back yet, but his office has probably been open for all of 30 minutes so far this morning, so I will wait patiently.

No comments: