Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Not List

Things I did not do last night:

Didn't go to the Arizona-Oregon game, even though I suspected this might be The One for this year, you know, the one game where the planets align and the 'Cats act like they know how to play football and drub a vastly superior opponent. And indeed, they flattened the #2 Ducks, 34-24. All this does, of course, is knock Oregon out of the national championship picture and give Mike Stoops another week's breathing room before the chorus starts up again after what will probably be an ugly result at ASU. Unless ASU's starting QB blows a knee in the first quarter too, a la Dennis Dixon.

Didn't go see Neko Case at the Rialto, which is even more disappointing than passing on the football game. My officemates went and said she was marvelous. Damn these kids and their late start times, but if she comes back to Tucson I'll coffee up and make it.

Didn't throw up! Although it was close for a while. Where that came from, I have no idea.

Didn't gasp in surprise when I watched ESPN's report on Barroid Bonds being indicted on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. Nor, it should be noted, did I shed a tear.

No comments: