Saturday, January 12, 2008

Random Weekend Jottings

JordanCornblog likes Boltgirl! I am thrilled. Go read her Granite State perspectives on politics and soccer and say something nice in the comments.

In other news, maybe my long-rumored retirement from soccer will be put off for another season. Yesterday saw a good afternoon at the gym, followed by a pretty decent performance at center mid in a co-ed game, followed by beers with the boys in the parking lot, capped off with a hot shower and a couple o' nips o' Jameson before bed. I woke up at 3 in the morning with the wonderful opposite experience of many other early-morning awakenings where I wondered for a split second if the previous night really had happened that way--only this time I was elated to confirm with the memory that it did indeed happen that way. And I was so happy I didn't mind lying awake for the next hour trying to get back to sleep. A testament both to the depths to which my game had fallen and the level of credibility I managed to pull out of my ass last night.

Anyway. A short hike this afternoon to see the water in Bear Canyon and Molino Basin, a few minutes basking on a rock overhang in the warm sun with the entire canyon all to myself, and life is good.

And, of course, there's a Daily Maddow for today.

No comments: