Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Memorial

Did you watch the memorial/pep rally tonight? With the exceptions of Janet Napolitano and Eric Holder--hey, the recovering Catholic in me felt completely at home in the familiar Old Testament-New Testament structure of the Mass, but then I remembered this wasn't church, so it felt more than a little off--everyone who spoke knocked it outta the park. Even Jan Brewer managed a coherent, appropriate, moving speech. Daniel Hernandez was simply stunning. And President Obama absolutely exceeded my very very high expectations for this event. Forty minutes! And I hung on every word.

When he said that Giffords had opened her eyes, I cried.

On we go.

1 comment:

Homer said...

I did not mind the cheering, I would prefer people have a good time at funerals and memorial services.