Friday, April 28, 2006

Late Friday Afternoon Befuddlement

I am sitting in my office in Tucson, listening to a Seattle radio station over the 'net while examining artifacts from a roughly 3,000-year-old burial. I am trying simultaneously to figure out (1) if this piece of rock is a pendant or just fortuitously smoothed on all its surfaces, and (2) if I should stick with the el-cheapo Kyocera phone or upgrade to the absolutely bitchin' yellow-and-black (always a plus!) Alltel that has more features than I plan on using but is... bitchin' yellow and black.

Somehow I think I'm falling down a bit on the whole try-to-connect-with-the-past aspect of the job this afternoon. A little too much electronic technology is involved at the moment, but then again I don't quite have the time to go out to the river and get all primal. Not that I do that too much any more, but hey.

Yes, this evening will be given over to getting the bike ready to go. Maybe that will re-connect me with some of the primality, and the brilliant inferences will just start flowing from these little piles of stone in front of me. Maybe keeping a bottle of bourbon in here would help too.

No comments: