Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mental Health Breaks from the _______ Treatment Plan Continue

Good news: I no longer have a deadline of the end of the day Friday! Bad news! It's been moved up to tomorrow morning!

So here's a quick Maddow on the DOMA brief:



I may need a mental health break from my mental health breaks at this rate. In other news, the Times noticed that the brief was full of asshattery as well, so it's not just me. Yes, I understand that the DOJ does this sort of thing as a matter of course, and that the brief goes through several markups before it's released and that the final version may or may not even vaguely resemble the first draft, but goddammit, religious righty talking points and code language really have no place here. And Obama's silence on it following his silence after each advance in the Northeast speaks volumes I really don't want to have to think about.

No comments: