Friday, June 29, 2007

Placeholder Post

Amazing how the last month left me feeling I had been away from Tucson forever, but somehow in Chicago for a little less than a week. We left the Midwest just in time to escape heat and high humidity, arriving in Arizona just in time for blistering heat and the building moisture leading up to monsoon season.

I spent the first day fighting a pounding headache and accompanying queasiness. Time to start mainlining Gatorade.

The piles of artifacts and jumbled thoughts about them not yet committed to paper are consuming my days. Two to three nights per week for the next month will be given over to working enough games to pay off the train tickets. In the abbreviated time left for reading the news, it seems the Supremes may have nixed the foundation of Brown v. Board of Education, but decided that the Guantanamo detainees have standing to challenge at least some aspects of their detentions. As always, Top!Secret G-woman has my back when I run out of interesting recommendations; the Washington Post's series on Darth Cheney is absolutely required scary reading.

No comments: