Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Want More? Unfortunately, I Got a Million of 'Em.

Sarah Palin believes the Iraq war is God's will. Oh, and also a $30 billion natural gas pipeline. Thanks, Governor! I guess I'll quit feeling bad about my brother's buddy getting blown up in Baghdad now, since obviously it's all part of your god's awesome plan.

A bit of Palin's speech that wasn't quoted on HuffPo gives me more than a little pause (regarding the pipeline she wanted to find funding for; it comes in at 4:21 of the video):
But I can do my job there, in developing our natural resources and doing things like getting the roads paved, and making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and, and making sure our public schools are funded, but really, all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's heart isn't right with God. And that's gonna be your job--as I'm doing my job, let's strike this deal: your job is gonna be to be out there reaching the people, hurtin' (zuh? herding, maybe? is that better?) people throughout Alaska, and we can work together to be sure God's will be done here.

Rewind and listen to that again. She's pretty clearly saying she believes government is ineffective unless it goes hand in hand with evangelism. I'll govern, but it ain't a-gonna do squat unless you and you and you get out there and bring people to Jesus, and so my job performance is based at least by half and possibly more on you going out and evangelizing, so get a move on already. Neat! Thanks, John McCain!

No comments: